TweetDig.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TweetDig.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 16 April, 2012.
What we collect
We are committed to protecting the privacy of the users of our Site and Mobile Product. We are the sole owner of the information collected on the Site and Mobile Product. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from those disclosed in this statement.
All users (registered and unregistered):
We may collect the following information:
- IP address
- session details, such as pages viewed and type of browser used
This information is automatically logged by the web server and will be used to evaluate the use and performance of the network.
Other than the information detailed above, we will not capture any personal information about unregistered users.
If you choose to become a registered user of the site, we may additionally collect the following information:
- Email address
- Your location or country of residence
- Twitter username and Twitter biography
- Tweets from people you follow or people who mention you in a Tweet
- Direct Messages to/from people you follow and people who follow you
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services and to provide a web site experience that is customized to your interests.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new TweetDig features or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email.
- We may partner with another party to provide specific services. When you sign up for these services, we will share contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- We will not sell or share your personal details or contents of Tweets and Direct Messages to third parties.
- Your data may be aggregated with all TweetDig users, to generate demographic information. This aggregated data may be disclosed to third parties, but it will not contain personally identifiable information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us at .
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK). A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email TweetDig on the email address above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.